- Weight loss and a healthy diet are natural ways to manage and alleviate joint pain.
- Meditation and rest, including yoga, are alternatives to divert your mind from severe joint pain. Meditation also helps you sleep and ease joint pain for longer.
- You can use massage therapy as a way to reduce soreness and pain and to induce sleep. But, you must get the services of a professional masseur or therapist to avoid injuries.
- The best joint pain supplements may provide quick and long-lasting relief from joint pain.
- Doctors and physiotherapists recommend controlled regular exercise as a way to ease joint pain and improve mobility.
Overview of Joint Pain
Often, joint pain is associated with arthritis. Specifically, arthritis is the inflammation of the joints. Its signs include severe joint pains, soreness, stiffness, and redness of the affected joints.
However, there are other joint pains called arthralgia. Arthralgia is joint pain without inflammation. But, many people use the two terms interchangeably. Similarly, we will also use the two alternately for joint pain.
Arthritis may be due to risk factors like obesity, injury, infections, plus wear and tear. Other inflammatory conditions like lupus, psoriasis, gout, and genetics may also cause joint pain (arthritis). On the other hand, arthralgia may be due to sprains, dislocation, muscle strains, some cancers, and injury. In a word, regardless of the cause or type, joint pain refers to any ache, tenderness, soreness, discomfort, or redness affecting the joints.
Notably, many people in the world get diagnosed with joint pains. Sample this: The US Government statistics (2013-2015) show that doctors diagnosed 54.4 million (22.7%) adults over 18 years with some form of arthritis. Be it rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, osteoarthritis, gout, or fibromyalgia. Now, 15 million adults in the US reported they experienced severe joint pain due to arthritis by 2015. And, more worryingly, statistics forecast that 78 million US adults (26%) will be diagnosed with arthritis joint pain by 2040.
Doctors prescribe joint pain relief medication since most joint pains are difficult to treat. Some people depend on over-the-counter drugs for less severe cases. Encouragingly, to reduce your joint pain, you can use various natural methods. In the end, you stop relying on over-the-counter painkillers, which may cause more complications.
Fortunately, here are 5 natural approaches that may help you keep joints healthy and relieve pain.
- Regular but Less Vigorous Exercise. Studies suggest that to reduce weight and ease pressure on aching joints, do regular but moderate exercises. As a result, exercise helps reduce pain as the joints remain flexible. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention says regular activity is as effective as most pain relievers. These include swimming, walking, cycling, and stretches. Notably, many physiotherapists recommend Tai chi (Chinese) exercise as a natural approach to ease joint pain. Specifically, it involves slow-flowing movements and deep breathing. So, it’s known to heighten movements and joint function, which alleviates joint pain.
- Meditation and Rest. Meditation helps you relax as your thoughts wander away from the source of pain. Whether it’s yoga, deep breathing, or listening to meditation audio tracks, meditation is highly recommended for wellness. Furthermore, it helps reduce mental and joint stress, plus inflammation and pain as you rest.
Several scientific studies indicate mindfulness meditation helps lower joint pain due to rheumatoid arthritis. Also, it minimizes anxiety and depression associated with acute joint pain.
- Natural Joint Pain Formula Supplements. Traditionally and even currently, people have used various herbs to alleviate pain. It’s with this in mind that some companies developed natural pills as joint pain relief supplements. Overall, natural blends of supplements claim they fight joint aches and cure related inflammation.
One such supplement is Relief Factor. Almost every Relief Factor review says the formula targets underlying issues to end joint pain from the root source. In the end, the supplement claims to stop or reduce inflammation, discomfort, joint stiffness, and joint aches. Plus, it restores motion and flexibility. Equally important, Relief Factor says it has natural ingredients with fish oil, and it doesn’t contain chemicals.
- Massage Treatments. When performed by a qualified massage therapist, massage is a natural joint pain reliever and helps reduce swelling. It relieves pain, improves sleep, and boosts energy. With time, you can learn to do it on yourself if your joint pain is prolonged. Massage may give you a sense of wellness.
However, you have to be cautious to avoid worsening swollen or inflamed joints. It’s not recommended by many medical practitioners unless under a health specialist’s supervision or after training.
- Hot and Cold Remedies. Studies show that applying hot and cold compresses (thermotherapy) helps to reduce joint pain. Depending on the nature of your joint pain, either cold or hot compresses may be all you need. In summary, cold compresses include wrapped cold or ice packs (don’t apply directly to the skin) and dipping the joint in cold water to ease joint pain discomfort.
Conversely, heat therapies also alleviate pain and enhance blood flow throughout the body. The hot treatments include using hot towels, hot water bottles, hot showers, and some hot electric implements and blankets.
Alternating cold and hot treatment solutions to the aching parts may relieve several joint pains quickly for longer. Essentially, experimenting to find out what eases your pain may be the way to go.
You can manage and ultimately alleviate joint pain using natural methods. These include weight loss, acupuncture, and diet. Also, they might work as long-term solutions.
Essentially, for quick pain relief, methods like massage, cold and hot compresses plus baths, and regular exercise may be all you need. Additionally, you can use meditation and rest. To help you better, look for some of the best joint pain supplements that are made from natural ingredients to ease your joint pain fast. For more such health-related content please, visit Health Web Magazine.